Fees and funding for full-time training
The MGA Academy of Performing Arts is one of very few private, independent SQA Approved Centres running professional training courses in Scotland. All tuition fees are kept to an absolute minimum but do reflect the expertise of the teaching staff, quality of facilities, small class sizes and sheer number of contact teaching hours offered.
Please note: unlike a lot of other drama schools out there, applications for our full-time courses are FREE, there are no audition fees to pay!
Please read the fee notes carefully or contact us directly if you are unsure about anything
Are there any other course costs?
There is a reading list and a kit list of important items that students need to purchase before the first day of term. This can be discussed during the interview at the audition stage and will be issued on acceptance of a place. Advanced and third-year students must also pay to join the Spotlight Casting Directory and become a member of Equity before their second term.
Is there any funding available?
Contact your Local Education Authority for advice on other sources of funding for full-time training for which you may be eligible. Several charitable trusts exist that help finance performing arts students and a directory listing these grant-making trusts and charities should be available at your local library
Please contact the MGA office to check whether there is any current education maintenance available for students on the Prevocational Course this year.
Eligible students can receive approximately £1,205 funding from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland each year. Visit www.saas.gov.uk to apply or to find out if you are eligible. Full‑time Scottish nationals and some international students can apply for SAAS funding and you will need to apply through the SAAS website before the appropriate date.
If your application is successful, support is paid directly to MGA by SAAS and the amount will be subtracted from your third term payment (if paying termly) or the difference paid to you directly on 1st March each year (if paying monthly/annually/in full).
- All deposits and tuition fees are non refundable.
- Payments including deposits must be made by bank transfer (account details are available upon request), cheque, cash or credit/debit card. All debit and credit card transactions are subject to a 2% fee. MGA is happy to discuss other payment methods on an individual basis and accepts most credit cards.
- A discount of 5% applies for payment of one year of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of that year of study.
- A discount of 10% applies for payment of three years of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of the first year of study.
Download the current fee information for 2018-19.
Please contact MGA if you would like to discuss course fees and payment methods.
Course fee terms
- Enrolment is for the course in its entirety (three terms per year of study).
- One full term’s notice is due for termination of attendance.
- All deposits and tuition fees are non refundable under any circumstances.
- Payments to MGA must be made by bank transfer, cheque, cash or credit/debit card (card payments subject to a 2% transaction fee).
- Deposits for the following academic year are due on 1st May for students paying termly and yearly.
- Students are responsible for applying to any and all funding sources including SAAS.
- The fee amounts shown in the current fee sheet do not take into account SAAS support that eligible students may receive.